Bøg - beech tree
This skirt is cut on the bias which gives an elegant silhuette and a comfortable fit. The front and the back are the same. The skirt is made with a lining identical to the main fabric.
Tightly woven fabric in a medium weight with drape. The fabric can be with no stretch or a small amount of stretch, but it is very important that the fabric has natural stretch on the bias. The fabric can be made of natural fibers (e.g. cotton, viscose, wool, tencel, modal or silk etc.) or synthetic fibers (e.g. polyester, nylon etc.) or a combination of either. Recommended types of weaves include satin, crepe, twill or similar.
It is recommended to use a smooth lining made from polyester or acetat or similar. Satin weave is recommended but not essential.
Unsuitable fabric types:
Heavy duty materials such as denim or canvas.
Degree of difficulty:
3-4 / 5
Estimated time required:
5 – 8 hours
Classification of degrees of difficulty:
- Beginner friendly: No zips, buttons, fusible materials or difficult techniques
- Manageable: Introduction to new techniques everybody can learn
- Moderate: pre-existing knowledge of sewing is recommended. Focus on finishes
- Difficult: Confidence with sewing is essential
- Advanced: Focus on techniques, precision work and details