Pil - Willow
These trousers have a relaxed fit and a medium high waist that sits a couple of centimeters below the waistline. The trousers feature slanted pockets on the front and a zip fly, while the back piece has “fake” welt pockets with a button closure (optional). The trousers have a hidden button as well as hook and eye closure. The waistband is finished with belt loops.
Please be aware that the trouser pattern is on the larger side due to the construction - so please check with the chart showing the final measurements of this garment before choosing your size!
Tightly woven fabric in medium weight with drape. The material can be either with no stretch or a small amount of stretch. You can choose natural fibers (e.g. cotton, viscose, wool, tencel, modal or silk etc.) or synthetic fibers (e.g. polyester, nylon etc.) or a fabric blend. Fabric made for suiting is ideal. Recommended weaves include crepe, twill, regular weave etc.
Stiff or heavy-duty materials without drape such as denim or canvas, or knitted fabric is not recommended.
Degree of difficulty:
3-4 / 5
Estimated time required:
8 – 12 hours
Classification of degrees of difficulty:
- Beginner friendly: No zips, buttons, fusible materials or difficult techniques
- Manageable: Introduction to new techniques everybody can learn
- Moderate: pre-existing knowledge of sewing is recommended. Focus on finishes
- Difficult: Confidence with sewing is essential
- Advanced: Focus on techniques, precision work and details