Tang - seaweed
This jacket is suitable for quilted fabrics. The jacket is semi-fitted, it has a front and back joke piece as well as princess seams which helps to add shape around the bust and waist. The sleeve is divided into an upper and lower sleeve piece which is sewn together with piping. The jacket closes at the front with a button down closure. Finally the jacket is finished off with a wide collar around the neckline and pockets on the front. All raw edges, both outer and inner, are enclosed with bias binding which gives a nice stylish finish and helps to give the jacket more structure.
Woven, quilted types of fabric of medium thickness. The fabric can be readily quilted or you can make your own by sewing the three layers together; an outer layer, a layer of batting (microbatting 60 grams) and a layer of lining.
Thin or delicate fabrics and all knitted fabric types (jersey)
Degree of difficulty:
3 / 5
Estimated time required:
8 - 15 hours
Classification of degrees of difficulty:
- Beginner friendly: No zips, buttons, fusible materials or difficult techniques
- Manageable: Introduction to new techniques everybody can learn
- Moderate: pre-existing knowledge of sewing is recommended. Focus on finishes
- Difficult: Confidence with sewing is essential
- Advanced: Focus on techniques, precision work and details