Åkande - water lily
This blouse is tight across the bust but sits loosely around the waist. The blouse is constructed with princess seams, a front and back yoke with a button closure at the neck, voluminous sleeves that are gathered with an elastic, and adjustable waistband and a peplum skirt.
Lightweight woven fabric with slight drape or with a crisp feel. The choice of fabric can be either without stretch or with a small amount of stretch. The fabric can be made of natural fibres (e.g. cotton, viscose, wool, tencel, modal or silk etc.) or synthetic fibres (e.g. polyester, nylon etc.) or a blend. Recommended weaves include chiffon, organza, regular weave, twill or similar.
Very stiff or heavy-duty materials such as denim or canvas, or knitted fabrics like jersey is not recommended.
Degree of difficulty:
2 / 5
Estimated time required:
5 - 8 hours
Classification of degrees of difficulty:
- Beginner friendly: No zips, buttons, fusible materials or difficult techniques
- Manageable: Introduction to new techniques everybody can learn
- Moderate: pre-existing knowledge of sewing is recommended. Focus on finishes
- Difficult: Confidence with sewing is essential
- Advanced: Focus on techniques, precision work and details