Tidsel - Thistle
This dress has a simple yet elegant design. The fabric has been cut on the bias which gives a beautiful finish and a comfortable fit. There is a cowl neck on the front of the dress which adds shape to the bust. The dress is fully lined which adds longevity to the dress as well as ensuring that the outer fabric sits nicely on the body. This sexy dress is a quick make as it is constructed with only a few seams and completely without darts!
Share your final creation on instagram using #biasdresstidsel
This sewing pattern has been developed together with Juels, a local Danish fabric store that sells high-quality fabrics and other sewing materials. You can buy the snake-printed silk and other fabulous silks from Juels here: https://juels.dk/
Woven fabric of medium weight with a good amount of drape and natural stretch on the bias. The fabric can be made of natural fibers (e.g. silk, viscose, modal, tencel etc.) or synthetic fibers (polyester, nylon etc.) or a blend. Recommended weaves include satin, crepe, twill etc.
The lining should have the same qualities as the outer fabric, mainly natural stretch on the bias. The lining should have a smooth surface.
Heavy and stiff fabric like denim or canvas.
Degree of difficulty:
3 / 5
Estimated time required:
6 - 12 hours
Classification of degrees of difficulty:
- Beginner friendly: No zips, buttons, fusible materials or difficult techniques
- Manageable: Introduction to new techniques everybody can learn
- Moderate: pre-existing knowledge of sewing is recommended. Focus on finishes
- Difficult: Confidence with sewing is essential
- Advanced: Focus on techniques, precision work and details
What do you get with this pattern?
- Written sewing guide in English
- Written sewing guide in Danish
- Technical specifications including cutting guide
- Pattern for printout in A4
- Pattern for printout in US letter